Thursday, August 9, 2012

Summer Update plus some Exciting News!!!

Wow, It has been a while since I last updated our blog. Really just a Few weeks but it seems like so much has happened since then! It's hard to keep up with all the pictures I take. Roxy and I were in Utah for almost 2 weeks then Jake came down for a handful of days so we haven't been home lately.

Here is just some of the fun we have been having this summer. We went to a little carnival with Jake's buddy Johannes and his family at BYU-I. Jake and Johannes had a blast on a huge slip and slide while we were there. The family picture of us is later that day in Idaho falls for the 4th of July Firework show. Roxy kept saying "wow" at all the fireworks. It was fun!
Johannes' family came golfing with us. It was Bonnie's first time golfing! 


Later that night we had found an empty bottle that had dropped on the floor with the lid off. We thought that maybe Roxy had eaten some of the pills so we went straight the E.R.
Roxy had to drink straight charcoal for the doctors to do testing on her. Luckily she hadn't eaten anything! boy was it scary tho! Now we just have to pay a pretty penny but I it's definitely better to be safe than sorry! 

 On our way to Utah!

Roxy and I drove down with Grandma Patty and her cute new dog...Lady!
We spent some time with cute little Carlos and Aimee Hinijosa. They came to swim at the Roses,

We spent a few days in St. George to help my dad out with a cabinet job.
On our way to St. George we stopped at the Red Barn. I got some fresh Apple juice for Roxy! It was so good! 
Maternity pics! 17 Weeks along :) Photo credits go to my awesomely skilled brother Nick



Missing daddy! He stayed behind to work while his little girls went to Utah to play :) 

This picture doesn't really portray how much Roxy really loves her Tomatoes! 

Awe...Lola's 3 Grand babies! 

Roxy's 2nd Trip to Hogle Zoo! We went with Carlos and Aimee this time.  I thought the best part was watching the Polar Bears swim! 
Just pampering my sweet little niece Eva!  

Swimming at Kimchi's house. Her mom had the cutest little lounge chairs! Roxy loved soaking up the sun :) 


At the Gateway fountains with cousin Alivia. 
We finally were reunited with Daddy at the Gateway! He grew a little mustache for us :)
The day we got home from Utah, We had the whole Rose clan up along with other friends and family over the 24th of July week. It was fun. Grandpa Mutt was a Grande Marshal this 24th so all the grandkids rode on a float during the parade. We all wore T-shirts that said Mutt's pups on them. We threw lots of Candy! Grandpa Mutt always hollered out at every parade "throw some Candy!" We certainly made him proud I'm sure. Jake even used a golf club to chip candy off to people, it was funny.




It was so nice having my best bud kimchi come up with my Family for the Parade and Rodeo. 
Favorite pic of us! We plan on taking another one just like this 50 years from now!

Our cute little Cowgirl! Grandma Joy got this awesome little get up 

At the Rodeo! Roxy loved watching all of the Horses! 

 Now lets get to the Big News....
Today was the day we found out the gender of our 2nd baby. After waiting till 3pm, Jake and I were anxious as ever to finally find out what we were having along with our families. drum roll........
 We are having Another little girl! We couldn't be more excited. I had a feeling it was going to be a girl all along. This pregnancy has seemed rather similar to the last so I just felt like it would be another girl and sure enough it was! It was so fun getting the ultra sound and seeing our little angel for the 1st time other than the ultra sound where all you see is a peanut. It was cool because this time they took 3D pictures of her so we could see her cute little features a lot better.
With in seconds we found out right away we were having a little girl! 
Since Jake and I have already decided on a name I am going to start calling baby #2 by name now...Joslyn Luella Rose. We both just happen to love the name Joslyn and have for a while now. Luella is after my sweet Grandma Mary Luella who passed away this past April. I actually mentioned to my grandma a handful of times that the next little girl we had, we would name her after her so that is what we are going to do! oh I can't wait! It is going to be crazy busy with 2 little girls but I know that Jake and I wouldn't want it any other way. We have absolutely loved being parents to Roxy and watching her grow. She is the sweetest little girl, Momma's girl I must add, for now anyways!

Joslyn had her fists up covering her face with her body curled in a little ball the whole time.  The nurse said she looks like a little boxer. I remember with Roxy she flexed her arms a couple times for us. I wonder what that all means....Maybe we have some Tough little fighter girls on our hands :) 

I wanted to come up with a fun way that Roxy could share the news of what we were having and this is what I came up with :) Apparently it was a little confusing for people that couldn't make out what the letters said but I thought the pink balloons would be a dead give away. Whether confusing or not the pictures turned out super cute any ways and we had a blast taking them!



It has been a crazy hectic day... We have been getting packed up and ready to go to California with Jake's Family for a week. We are super excited! I really, really hope we get a chance to go to the San Diego Temple! I hear it is beautiful! Im excited to take Roxy to the Beach, She is going to absolutely love it! I still have some things I need to do before I hit the hay but I hope to at least up date what our little fam. is up to at least once a month. I will do my best!
Our Growing little Family...of girls :)

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time in Idaho! We are excited about your girl. Jake is a lucky man!

    ReplyDelete