Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Grandpa Mutt R.I.P......

Well another sweet grandparent of ours passed away yesterday. Mutt Rose was one of most liked guys I know. Everyone who knew him came to love him and his cheerful spirit. He will be greatly missed by many. He was one tough guy that managed to live through several heart attacks and other life threatening ailments. His tough battle has come to a peaceful end. His last few hours of life were surrounded by all those who love him dearly. I honestly don't think there could be a better way to pass on than to be surrounded by  loved ones. I am so very grateful for the gospel in my life, it has been a rock during these times of great loss. I know that the lord has a plan for all of us. This life surely isn't meant to last forever and is just a stepping stone in our eternal lives as Spirit children. I know that when these loved ones pass on we have them as angels watching over us throughout the rest of our lives. I can feel their presence and love knowing that they are closer than we think. We will miss you Grandpa!! 

Jake and I feel extremely blessed to have  lived so close to grandpa these past couple of years. We have gained a closer bond to him that we wouldn't have had other wise. Those times will be treasured forever. Grandpa gave me the nickname 'LULU' and it has stuck. He also liked to call Roxy "Punky" He expressed his Love for all of us just before he passed. What an incredible guy he was. One of his most classic quotes we have a sign of hanging up in our living room is, "Nobody has more fun than people" It is true! That quote is just one example of how fun loving he always was. I'll never forget coming up to Saint Anthony as a kid during the Forth of July Parade and he would be hoot'in and a hollering "Throw some Candy" at the top of his lungs. Us kids were always showered with Candy. Everyone knew who Mutt was. He was the Mayor of Saint Anthony and did a lot of good for the City.

Love this picture of Joy and Grandpa together. 
The Salmon clan. 

GRANDPA'S FUNERAL
 May 5th

The Viewing

Many friends and family came to Grandpa's Viewing. He certainly was loved by many.

This sign was part of the display at the viewing, it was attached to a sand shovel that was in a bucket full of Taffy. Joy came up with the clever idea. I thought it was a very fitting way to describe the fun upbeat Grandpa he always was.

The funeral service went really well. It was a bitter sweet day full of tears of Joy and Sadness. I enjoyed reflecting on many memories of Grandpa and the stories that were told by his Kids and Close friends. Life is so precious and I truly and grateful to have known such a sweet guy. He will be greatly missed.

The handsome pallbearers

Grandpa had requested to ride away in style and he got just that! It was really cool that he got to ride in a fancy carriage. Jake mentioned wanting the same thing for his funeral now. 

My Lovely parents including Nick were able to make it up to the funeral. They couldn't stay long because my mom had a flight to catch to Washington D.C. to visit her family. It was still good to have them there! They watched Roxy for me during the Funeral Program. She Zonked out!



Our little family at Grandpa's graveside

All of the Rose clan Kids!
Cute Salmon Family

It's funny cuz Roxy never really sticks her tongue out except for pictures. Silly Girl already knows how to pull faces! lol

Roxy's Goofy Uncles. They are all so sweet with her, she is one spoiled/loved little girl that's for sure!
Grandpa's Beautiful Casket Flowers




This is my favorite picture with Aunt Dani!

My Fam



It was nice spending time with all of the rose siblings

No comments:

Post a Comment