Monday, August 8, 2011

Roxy's 2 month doctor's visit...



Well Roxy had to get her 1st set of shots today. Jake and I were not too excited to inflict pain on our little girl but we know it needs to be done sooner or later. I gave her some Liquid Tylenol to help with the pain just before we went over. It's nice cuz Roxy's doctor is just across the street from where we live so we just walked over 5 minutes before our appointment. Roxy weighed in at a whopping 13lbs 7oz! She is in the 61st percentile, which means she is bigger than most babies her age. The doctor said she should be rolling over in the next month! It's been fun seeing her do different things and become more alert. I can't wait till she says Mommy and Daddy! Oh it's going to be so cute! Well as for her experience with getting shots, the nurse had Jake hold her hands together so she wouldn't be startled and I held her legs down and the Nurse and her assistant both stuck a shot in her at the same time in each of her thighs. Roxy's first reaction was complete silence and then 3 seconds later a burst of tears came. They gave her one more shot in the thigh. I had to close my eyes for all of them cuz it was heart breaking to see. After they put pink army band aids on her I picked her up and held her in my arms. My eyes welled up in tears, it was so sad. Roxy cried the whole way home but luckily the medicine seemed to kick in so she calmed down, I fed her, then she zonked out for a long time. We decided to take advantage of the family night golf discount for just $5 a person so we took Roxy with us and she slept through 7 holes until she woke up to eat. We decided since she was doing so well that Jake would do another 9 holes. Well we were wrong..... After 3 holes Roxy just lost it...the pain medicine wore off so we decided to head home and I gave here some more medicine and she calmed down once we got home. For a little while every time she woke up she would cry then fall back asleep, you could tell she was uncomfortable from getting the shots. Precious little girl. Well we have another round of shots when she reaches 4 months so I guess Jake and I better get used to it!

Mom Comforting her sweet baby girl



Dad & Roxy both Zonked out...



1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is sad! And us moms never get use to it. I still get all choked up with Jed. We miss being up there. Have fun on your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete