Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Spa Day for my Hubby :)

Well my hubby got pampered the other night by his sweet loving wife :) hee. We pulled out my massage table and I put on some relaxing spa music and we did micro on Jake's tattoo with my new microdermabrasion machine! I love it! We have been doing chemical peels as well to try and fade his tattoo, It seems to be working but I'm sure it will take a while for it to be gone completely. we also did a microderm facial. To top the evening off I even gave Jake a back massage with my peppermint essential oil. I love essential Oils. Jake always teases me that I am such a hippie lol. I just think if i can cure things naturally I'd much rather do that before i resort to medicine. Like Tea tree oil is good for ear aches and blemishes, clove oil is good for teething and peppermint is good for headaches. It's nice cuz the oils are good for more than just one thing too. Pretty much anything can be cured with essential oils! I am just a health nut i know :). The other day I had a neighbor come over and she showed me all her essential oils and I was in heaven! I love Lemon, Peppermint, and lavender. I wish I could afford the entire collection of oils, but it's like $500.00. It's nice cuz the day spa I work at sells Doterra oils which is the same oils my neighbor brought over. It was nice I was able to learn more about the oils that we work with and sell. Plus I get wholesale price on them :).
On a random note- I woke up at 6am on Saturday and ran my 1st 10 mile run!!! I drove to Rexburg and tracked 4.5 miles starting from the americaInn Hotel. I ran to the hotel, took a water break then ran back to my car and went around the park track I parked across from 2 times to make it 10 miles! I almost wish I would have just gone the whole 13 miles. I was feeling good enough to do it ne ways! I think I'm going to run the same route 2 weeks before the race which is in 4 weeks from now! The course is a really good training run cuz it's mostly up and down hills the entire time. I also like that I run by the Rexburg temple, it's a gorgeous run. It's always encouraging to see other runners, I feel like i'm apart of some sort of runners club :).
Well starting tomorrow my sister in law- Brittney decided to put together a no candy, dessert, or pop bet. We all have to put in $5 and the person to last the longest wins the potluck! I don't know if I'll make it while we are in California! Which by the way we are headed to Cali in less than 2 weeks for my cousin- Eunice's wedding. It will be fun for Roxy's 1st big road trip! My mom also rented a mini van too! I can't wait to go to the beach!! This will be mine and Jake's 1st trip to Cali together! Although when I was a senior in High school I went with my cousin Chasity for her birthday to look for prom dresses. We got to live like royalty for a week. We got picked up in limos and were driven all over town in a Rolls-Royce that took us to the mall everyday and we stayed in the Beverly Willshire Hotel on Rodeo Drive. Chasity's grandma paid for everything! It was fun! But I was able to meet up with Jake for a day cuz he happened to be on a family trip. It was fun! Oh high school memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment