Sunday, August 7, 2011

Roxy's Favorite Sleeping Position


Awe last night was the best!...When Roxy went to sleep, Jake and I pulled out my massage table and we gave each other a 20 minute massage and of course we used my wintergreen essential oil which is good for sore muscles! It was so nice! It reminds me of when my best friend Kim lived with me during the Summer while Jake was on his mission and we would give each other massages. I always felt like i was getting the better end of the deal tho cuz Kim was a certified massage therapist, but i was able to learn most of the tricks of the trade by mimicking what she would do. Oh how I miss that girl, she is currently serving a Spanish speaking mission in New York, She will be coming home sometime next May I believe. I can't wait for her to see little Roxy! I also can't wait till she gets hitched and starts having little babies of her own so our kids can play together!
Kim and I started hanging out in 7th Grade, we had gym together. It was sad when we got split up into different high schools but luckily we were still able to remain good friends. I think Kim and I will always be good friends throughout our lives. I love that we have never had any sort of drama in our friendship. Kim is just a happy fun friend to be around.

I wanted to share a little piece of advice that Jake wrote in Ricky's email. Ricky had asked if you could leave with advice to your children (2 sentences long) before you died what would it be.... Jake said " Be where you should be, and do the best while you're there." and "Your loyalty is first to the lord, then your family, then god's other children."
I would have to say mine would be... "Always stay close to the Gospel" and "Live with an Eternal Perspective" I feel like if your doing the things that you should and living the gospel which is god's plan for us to find happiness along with always having a perspective that this life is so short and should be enjoyed then everything will work out in your life no matter what trials come your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment