Sunday, July 17, 2011

1st Blog Entry: OUR STORY BEGINS.....

Well to begin Our story...Jake & I grew up together in a little town in Utah called West Bountiful.
We lived just half a block away from each other and have been close family friends most of our lives...I know destined to be a fairytale right? At a young age Jake and I had crushes on one another. In fact we recall kissing twice (silly I know!) I thought it was a dream to be honest till several years later when it was brought up. Jake said he had a crush on Princess Jazmin at the time and thought i looked like her :) lol.
During the Middle of my Senior Year... Our lives coincided once again when Jake decided to come back to the church and work towards serving a mission. Jake asked me out on our 1st date around my 18th birthday (He always says how nervous he was to build up enough guts to do so). And of course I said YES!... After our 1st date Jake and I felt like we were meant to be together. We started officially dating on January 16th 2007 and were inseparable from that time forward. We dated exactly a Year (The best year of our lives yet) till the day he left on his mission to Canada, Winnipeg-Jan. 16, 2008. I waited 2 whole years (One of the most challenging/Rewarding years of our lives) for Jake and yes didn't date a single sole :). Everything seemed to come together quickly after Jake returned home-Being that most of our wedding was already planned out :)hee. We SEALED the deal on March 16,2010 for time and all Eternity (The rest is HISTORY!) After a month living at my parents house and both working for my dad's cabinet business, which by the way we have both worked at since Jake was 12 and i was 16. We moved up to an even tinier town in Idaho called Saint Anthony. Jake is currently attending BYU through online classes and working toward his associate’s degree he plans on going to law school-hopefully BYU-PROVO. He is also working as a Jailer for the Fremont County Sheriffs Department. Luckily I was able to land a good Day Spa Job in Rexburg as an Aesthetician/Cosmetologist right when we moved up. Life just keeps getting better and better.... We are proud parents of a Beautiful baby girl we named Roxanne Joy Rose, we call her Roxy or Little Joy. She was born May 16th, 2011. If you haven't caught on yet the number 16 is our Special number :). I am currently a stay at home Mom...well most of the time..I am on call to do cover work at the day spa occasionally. I figured a Blog would be a good thing to have for writing down all my thoughts and adventures I have with this new Journey I am on being a Wife and Mother. Jake and I couldn't be happier with the way our lives have turned out and the bright future we have ahead of us. We are so grateful for the Gospel and to have it as the center of our lives. We know it's what brought us together in the 1st place; It is the key to ETERNAL HAPPINESS. We are doing our best to find JOY in every stage of life and want to share it with YOU...SO ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment