Monday, July 18, 2011

It's been one of those days...

Well I decided to not go to bed until 1am which threw my whole day off. Bad idea... you know that saying "early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy and wise?" well it's true! Between feedings Roxy and I slept until noon!
I have been training for the Mesa Falls 1/2 marathon the last 2 weeks. Ive got 6 more weeks to go until the big day! My sister in law-Brittney convinced me to run with her, we had a hard time deciding whether or not to do it but we finally just decided to sign up for one...no regrets right! well I'm just hoping i don't cross the finish line in an ambulance. My long runs are on Saturdays and so far the longest i have run is 6 miles. It hasn't been too bad actually, especially when your body reaches a numb state were you feel like you can run forever. It's funny when i told Jake that i signed up for a 1/2 marathon he said that he has a feeling once I run my 1st Marathon, I'm gonna be addicted to running races like my dad. If only I could be half as amazing as my dad, he will be running his 30th marathon in August! He turns 50 Tomorrow too! I just don't know if my body is cut out for that much running, I feel like my legs just would stop working after all that running. It's the training that kills ya too! Either way I'm just grateful for a family that has always been into fitness. I remember at a young age waking up alone on vacation in a hotel room while everyone was out exercising at 6am, that's when I finally decided I was gonna join them! and I have been exercising daily ever since. It's such a good habit to have, exercise i feel is huge for relieving stress, plus if Jake and I chose to bum out one day we at least do one productive thing by getting out and going to the gym. I'm glad we are keeping the tradition alive so hopefully our kids will pick up on it too :).
Well we went golfing today. Jake had a good day, which is always good. Me...not so much. It's amazing how frustrating that sport can be but I just gotta keep with it especially since Jake just bought me a new set of clubs!! hee. No I think it's the competitive drive I have in me that never likes to be bad at anything. I also have a hard time having someone critique me. Let alone watch me take swing! Jake and I actually discussed last time we went golfing how it's hard having someone tell you what to do, sometimes it's just better to find your own way to do things, which make sense cause everyone's minds work differently and mine is very very SIMPLE :). Jake does a good job teaching me tho. Really I'm just glad we get to spend time out doors together. It's always good to realize "it's just a game" and not let it ruin the rest of your day. Well I'm not sure if writing will be an everyday thing but I have certainly enjoyed it :) until next time! Date night tomorrow with my hubby and baby girl! yay!! hmm sushi perhaps....

No comments:

Post a Comment