Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Fun

We have had family come and go since the beginning of July now. The river finally warmed up and slowed down just in time for family and friends to come up and swim for the 24th.
Earlier in July, we went with the Salmon Family to Jackson Hole. It was a rainy day in Saint Anthony and we saw that it would be nicer in Jackson Hole so we made a trip up there. We were wrong tho cuz it was raining there too! Luckily it didn't rain for long tho. We ate at Bubba's, a really good restaurant I have been going to since I was little for BBQ ribs! We spent the rest of the day walking around downtown where all the little gift shops were and took pictures at Jackson Square. Jake and I actually listened to a song by Mason Jennings about Jackson square on our way up. I remember going to Jackson hole when I was little and it always was one of my favorite places to go. We would usually go up with the scouts and go on the famous River rafting trip. Park city reminds me a lot of Jackson Hole too. I just love the out doors feel they both have.

Jackson Hole Trip

Dad & Roxy with Mr. Einstein

Wild Salmon Family

My Parents came up last weekend and stayed in the American Hotel in Rexburg. It was nice because I worked at the spa a couple of the days that they were here and they were able to watch Roxy at the hotel. During my breaks I was able to go and feed her because the hotel was just across the street from the spa. Roxy and I stayed in the hotel with my parents since they had an extra bed and it made it extra convenient for the mornings I went into work. I also did my long run on Saturday- a whopping 7 miles in Rexburg, I really enjoyed my run. I ran up to the temple and into town. It was funny cuz I passed my dad when I was on my way up to the temple and He was on his way back to the hotel. To celebrate the 24th we went to the Saint Anthony Rodeo. That's make 2 Rodeos for little Roxy in here short little life! We have left early both times tho just cuz it's hard to have here their for too long plus Jake's allergies always start acting up. I thought this Rodeo was the most intense tho. There were horses that bucked so hard and jumped so high, I don't know how them cowboys do it but it was crazy to see!
Well Just about 5 more weeks till the Race! I think I want to make a goal to run a 1/2 marathon once a year or at least after I have a baby. It seriously has been the best way to get back into shape a lot quicker. I certainly wasn't cool with having a mama pooch for long, I started running 3 weeks after having Roxy. I was determined to get back to where I was before I got pregnant!
Jake and I have been swimming quite a bit in the past week. I am surprised I don't swim as much since living here. I went off the rope swing a lot the other day and boy do my arms kill. It's funny how they are more sore than I ever am when I lift weights, I guess it just uses other muscles that i don't normally use.
I think the plans are while the Rose family is up here till the end of the week is go to the Sand dunes and possible make a trip out to Bear World and of course the guys like to go golfing every morning. I join them every once in a while. Yesterday I went and I did horrible. I had a couple good hits towards the end tho and that seriously makes all the difference. If I can at least end on a good note or have a couple of good hits, I consider it a good day on the golf course :).
Oh as for Baby News: Roxy discovered her hands the other day!!! It is so stink'in cute to see her marvel in awe at her new little discovery! I love it. She is such a little angel and is growing up so fast! Most people are starting to think she looks more and more like her daddy!
Well I best be going for now, but I can't believe how quickly the summer is coming to an end. Pretty soon it will be snowing again and make for another really long cold winter!..blah!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see our family was blog worthy. Super cute. I think you'll love doing it. We've really had alot of fun with you guys this trip!!

    ReplyDelete