Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A windy but Good day :)

Well Jake and I started off our morning by playing a round of golf at 9am...boy was it windy!! We toted Roxy along with us in the golf cart, I put her in the cutest Jacket and sweat pants so she stayed nice and warm although it was a rough start for her but once we got to the 3rd hole and I was able to get a little milk in her tummy she went right to sleep for a good hour or so. I felt like today was one of my better days golfing. and for Jake...not so much, it's funny how we trade of days. Jake has been teaching me how to swing my clubs better and I tell you what, sometimes it doesn't hurt to apply what you are taught, Jake usually knows what he's talk'in about..hee. I just thought my clubs were broken last time we went golfing, I just did horrible.
Yesterday for date night Jake said I got to choose where we would go to eat and what we were doing this time....and Just the opposite somehow happened, Instead of sushi, we ended up going to the Mexican restaurant, La Jalicience, which I don't mind actually cuz you get more food and it's a lot cheaper, We were both STARVING too. After we ate dinner we ended up driving to Idaho Falls and going to Sports Authority and Big 5 sporting goods to look at golf stuff :). I'm not sure how we ended up doing that for our date but Jake bought him and I golf gloves. I got a super cute white and baby pink glove and we also picked up pink tennis balls (wow I'm such a girly girl) since Ive been really having the urge to play some tennis lately so even though we didn't do exactly what I had invisioned we still enjoyed our time together doing what we love to do most....spend money.
We aren't the most frugal couple that's for sure, but we do put aside some money out of every pay check which we hope to use for a down payment on a house or possible our next child that comes along :). We lucked out with little miss Roxy since we qualified for medicaid because Jake didn't have a job at the time. Now we have insurance for Jake's job which is the most wonderful thing ever. I was able to go to the dentist and get a root canal that our insurance completely covered, now that is a luxury I didn't grow up with since my dad owned his own business so we didn't have good insurance. There were definitely pros and cons to my dad's business tho, we were able to travel whenever we wanted and quite often so it was worth the trade off. Since I didn't go to the dentist on a regular basis my teeth have quite a bit of work to be done on them.
Well after golfing, I went to the gym and ran 3 miles. It felt really good today. I really hope that when it comes time to run 13.1 miles I'll be ready physically and mentally. It's the mental part that I feel that i struggle with the most, but that's what is so good about running is you always tend to push yourself and soon enough you ran further than you thought you would!
Now after i feed sweet baby Roxanne, I have a mountain of laundry to fold and a house to clean for guests that are coming to stay starting tomorrow evening! So i best put on my Cinderella slippers and get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment