Friday, December 16, 2011

Catch Up....

Wow I have been horrible at blogging lately!! Maybe when the Holidays are over with I'll be able to get back in a blogging routine! or maybe life is just gonna get too crazy from here on out to keep one updated as often as I would like to.
I was able to burn ALL of our home videos onto a DVD successfully after hours of frustration, it was ALL worth it! It will be fun to watch them when we go down to Utah with our families. I know that Jake's family wasn't as into home videos growing up as much as my Family was. We spent lots of nights gathered around the TV in my parents room watching home videos, they were always hilarious to watch. I looked like an orphan Annie! (my mom's term :)) I know Jake's family has tonz more pictures than we do tho. Our little family will have tonz of both!! at least of Roxy anyways :)
Also some exciting news...I signed up for my 2nd half marathon!! My friend Erin Marble mentioned that we should run a race together so I said YES! Ever since I trained for my last race I haven't been able to get as motivated to exercise than when I was actually training for something, so I am super glad I have something to motivate me once again! Plus this will keep my mind off of wanting another baby so soon! :) We are running the Salt Lake City Race on April 21st so we have the perfect amount of time to start training. Technically I don't officially start until January 19th. My dad copied his training program for me to follow, I just have to cut it in half since it's made for the Full Marathon. He followed this program the last race he ran and he felt that he did better than he ever has so I am excited to see if I have better results! I finished the last race in 2:03 so I am hoping to finish in under 2 hours.
Well I can't believe Christmas is just 9 days away!! Jake and I will be traveling to Utah Christmas evening. We are excited to spend time with our Families in Utah. We let Roxy play with her 1st Christmas Present. We saw this musical ball at Walmart while we were shopping for the siblings that we drew for this year and she was drawn to it so we decided to get it for her! We hope that everyone that we bought presents for likes what we chose! It really isn't easy guessing what someone might like and hoping they don't already have it. It has been fun shopping for everyone tho. Jake and I kind of got picky this year and decided to choose our own gifts for each other. Jake I believe is going to get a new automatic hunting rifle and I would like an Ipad :) I know we are high rollers at least we like to think that we are! I actually had a lap top I ended up trading one of Jake's buddies for their flat screen T.V. I feel like I spend more time on the computer than I do watching T.V. tho but I really didn't like the mini lap top I had since you could only see half of what was on the screen without having to scroll down. It was super annoying. Since Jake takes online classes, he always has the computer which is totally fine I just figured an Ipad would be nice to have as a substitute for a lap top and a smart phone :). I not sure if I mentioned that Jake and I finally got on our own phone family plan at Verizon. We were both ready to get our smart phones and I decided that I really didn't care to have a smart phone and figured saving a few extra bucks a month would be good for us so I got a simple piddly phone but it does it's job. Jake loves his smart phone tho, I try not to be jealous whenever he brags about how cool it is...hee. but I do love that he can store his scriptures on it and be super high tech at church. Soon enough I very well could be strutting around with my Ipad that has scriptures on it too!  
Jake's dad came up last night, he had work to do in Idaho Falls so he went down there this morning and we met up with him for lunch at the Pineapple Grill in Rexburg. We have been there a couple of times with Jake's dad. We love the sushi there! It is always good to have him come and see his Grand daughter...Roxanne. He just gushes over her and things she is the cutest little baby on earth. Roxanne has such great grandparents and boy is she spoiled by them.
Well I am scheduled to work early in the morning at Sage so I am going to try and get some sleep but I do need to post pictures soon! 





No comments:

Post a Comment