Sunday, December 18, 2011

Tis the Holiday Season! :)

We are going over to Uncle Randy & Aunt Wendy's house for dinner tonight. I decided to make sweet potato Pie!! I hope it tastes ok! I even made the pie crust from scratch. I ran out of butter from the popcorn balls so I looked up a butter less pie crust recipe, I really hope it doesn't taste too bad. As for the sweet potatoes I had them boiled a few days ago and so I decided I needed to use them up before they go bad. The recipe just called for a 1/2 c. oil, 2 eggs, cinnamon spice, nut meg spice and a cap full of vanilla oh and we can't forget the 1 c of sugar!! I thought the filling tasted really good so we will see!! The whole time I was making the pie I thought of my Grandma Stock, She always made the BEST pies and the BEST everything! I always loved her gooey cinnamon Rolls. I remember if I was lucky to get the Cinnamon Roll pan first I would always take the one right in the middle cuz it was the most moist! mmm...I loved it! I have really enjoyed being a cooking/baking mom...Jake certainly has too! :)
My 1st pie: Sweet Potato pie
Roxy's Christmas dress My mom and I got at the Mall in Twin Falls just after we got her ears pierced! Her cousin Alivia has a matching dress too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment