Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Doctor's Visit

Well miss Roxanne went to the doctor this morning. As usual, she is a healthy growing/developing baby! We are so grateful she is a healthy and happy baby.  She is right on track with her growing pattern, she is slightly above the average curve as well believe it or not! Jake and I have been worried that we might hold her back developmentally tho since we are always holding her. The doctor said just the opposite today tho!!...he said that she is ahead for her age since she is sitting up on her own already! It was so good to hear. We still need to let her have more tummy time tho :) we just love her to pieces so it's hard to let her have her independence every once in a while. It gets only worse when we take her to UTAH cuz she is ALWAYS being held by her loving grandparents or Aunts and Uncles! Grandma patty said the other day...a spoiled baby is one that is LOVED and she is certainly LOVED by many!! Jake and I absolutely love having her in our family, it really is the greatest part of our lives...so far! Last night I tried having her sleep in the other room and I felt like I was having a harder time than she was at first! lol She usually sleeps in our bed. I know that is a BIG no no and I never thought in a million years I would have my baby in our bed all night but when your a breastfeeding mom and she wants to eat every 3 or 4 hours it just happens! :) We have a king size bed so she has plenty of space to herself so we don't have to worry about squishing her. As long as she sleeps by mommy and not daddy!  When Jake is asleep...he is out like a rock, so I'm sure he could accidentally squish our little girl. Ne ways enough for justifying why we have our little girl in our bed... I heard her crying on the baby monitor at 3:30am and i sprang up so fast thinking the very worst like the paranoid mom that I am and ran into the other room, of course she was fine just ready to eat!
So i figured out how to transfer video to a DVD!! after a long grueling process I was able to transfer the video of Roxanne at the hospital when she was born!! Jake and I watched it a couple of mornings ago. It was so great! Jake hated seeing me in a wheel chair and always feels so bad for me when he remembers the night of my c-section and the days following. I honestly would do it ALL again in a heart beat! Mothers aren't kidding when they say they forget the painful long process it takes for getting their precious little babies here. I didn't experience the whole labor part of it all but i feel like i got my fair share with the recovery process for a C-section. I was up and running after 3 weeks so I really can't complain. My body recovered quickly! I did hear it only gets worse with each child so we will just have to wait and see!!

2 comments:

  1. It's so fun to watch them grow. Love your Christmas card!! Get some snow there, cuz were comin for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is!! oh good I am glad you got it!! Well it just snowed the other day and it seems to be sticking for ya! we are excited to spend Christmas Eve with you and your cute fam!

    ReplyDelete