Monday, January 23, 2012

A Beautiful life....



Roxanne is officially crawling as of this past weekend! I was actually working at the spa when she decided to crawl across the living room into the kitchen. Jake could see her crawling from the corner of his eye, he couldn't believe  how quickly she was moving! I got a text from him saying that our little girl is crawling all over the place. I couldn't wait to come home and watch her do it! It is amazing how exciting it has been to watch Roxy hit big milestones in her short life. Jake and I get so giddy when Roxy learns something new. I am sure when she gets older she will be so embarrassed by us! I have really enjoyed watching Jake as a daddy, he really does have his heart wrapped around her little finger. It is so cute, he has found a trick for getting roxy to fall asleep, he will cuddle her right in the nook of his arm and she goes down like a rock. He always feels like a champ when it works, especially when he can put her in her crib without her waking up, that always seems to be the tricky part. I sort of feel bad cuz most of the time when I am home all she wants is her mommy and now that she can even say mama it sort of makes Jake feel a liitle left out. I just know that it will only be a matter of time when roxy will be so excited to be with her daddy. I surely was a big daddy's girl :) there is just something about a father and daughter relationship that can be so special. I also believe it goes the other way around with moms and their sons which makes me want at least one boy. Jake actually mentioned the other day how he actually wouldn't mind at all if we ended up with all girls. I just wonder if he would change his mind once they become sassy teenagers :) lol either way we are so so excited to have more kids!




As of today Jake has been officially home from his mission for 2 years!! Oh boy I remember that night. I was so nervous to see him for the first time. I remember I drove over to the stake center with my family and as soon as I got out of the car he was standing on the sidewalk waiting for me as I walked towards him....we both smiled and he gave me a great big......handshake:) as soon as Jake got set apart he gave me a great big bear hug! Oh it was so wonderful! I could't believe he was home and home for good! After giving hugs to everyone Jake wanted to take me for a little drive to "our" spot we would always go to at the bountiful temple. We stood in our spot in each others arms and we kissed!! Hee I get so giddy inside thinking about that perfect night. We then went to his house and listened to music with his younger siblings. I just remember thinking despite the odds of all the negative doubting people that didn't think waiting for a missionary was even possible these days (no i am not bitter about it :))... but we did it!! And after all was said and done it was worth the wait!! I learned a very big lesson while waiting for Jake which actually shaped me into part of who I am today.....People are always going to have their opinions whether you agree with them or not but what really matters most is what you feel in your heart is right and ultimately the lord will direct you in the path that you should go. I had no doubt in my mind what Jake and I shared together was special. I also feel like our time apart made us even stronger and truly realize our love for each other. I felt like we both went to the moon and back for one another and we would do it over again if we had to just to be together. I am so grateful we have the gospel in our lives that make it possible for us to be sealed together forever so we NEVER have to worry about being apart again.
We certainly did grow so much over the two years and it's not that we grew apart but it's that we grew up and became more readily prepared to take the leap of faith towards marriage!! We both have known since our second date together that we wanted to one day be sealed in the temple for time and all eternity . We know that the lord made it happen all in his time and we couldn't have asked for a better way for everything to turn out the way it did! We are now happily married almost 2 years in march and have the most beautiful baby girl together! I feel at times I need to pinch myself from this incredible dream I have been living ever since Jake asked me to be "his girl"

No comments:

Post a Comment