Monday, January 16, 2012

Not so lucky....

Well on Friday the 13th I joined Jake on his last duck hunt of the season. We had grandma patty watch roxy for a couple of hours. Jake had me all decked out in his sweats and hoodie along with our new s&s camo shirt I put over my hoodie so I looked like a little hunter. Jake even offered his black skeleton beanie but I wanted to look somewhat like a girl so I wore my pink one :). We drove to the black bridge just 5 minutes from our house. We also brought alba dog along for the ride. As soon as we parked we walked across the black bridge which crossed over the snake river. Alba dog of course was too scared to cross son dad had to carry her across. Within 2 minutes after crossing the bridge Jake had shot into the air startling me as I look to the side of me and hear something plop to the ground and sure enough it was a duck! I was amazed at how quickly everything happened. Jake picked it up and we were on our way to another spot. I wasn't as shocked as I thought I would be especially for this being my first hunt ever. Maybe it was cuz I wasn't nor probably will ever be the one actually hunting. Jake has really picked up a love for hunting this year tho. I always kind of assumed he would love to hunt if he ever got the chance to. I am sure we will be a hunting family from here on out. Ne ways as we were walking to a spot along the river I saw that part of the river was ice so me being not so bright decided to step onto it and my leg went right through the ice. My whole leg was drenched. It scared Jake half to death. He thought that I would freeze but really I felt fine. Just a little shaken up but the sweats he let me use seemed to keep the water from my skin cuz I barely felt wet at all. We went on our way till we found a little island in the middle of the river Jake carried alba and I to and we sat and waited for the ducks to come...nothing. So we started heading back and I decided to give our duck a name...Lucky the duck. I thought it was fitting for Friday the 13th. As we were leaving we got to see the prettiest sunset...it was a fun experience just spending time outdoors. I am excited for when our kids will be able to enjoy going on camping trips. I just loving doing things outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment