Monday, January 16, 2012

A special day in many ways

The sixteenth is a significant date for Jake and I. Today marks the day that Jake asked me a question we will never forget....We were downstairs at his parents house watching the 1st show of the season of American Idol, yes I was a big fan back in the day...still sort of am. We had our first date in November when he took me out for my 18th Birthday...We had just hit it off since then and became close friends.
Jake looked over at me and asked...."Luchelle, will you be my girl?" He explained to me there was no other girl he would rather be with..hee I gladly said yes and the rest is pretty much HISTORY!! (well of course a lot of anxious waiting for the day we would be sealed in the temple) Jake left on his mission exactly a year to the day that we had been an official item. January 16th of 08. We were then sealed March 16th, and our beautiful baby girl was born this May on the 16th as well!! I am not sure if the other kids to come will be born on the 16th but it could happen. My mom had my brothers and I on the 17th. She was also born on the 17th and they were married on the 17th as well....Yes it is pretty crazy!!! So cheers all the many blessings we have had on the 16th!!! and the 17th as well :)
Jake and Roxanne both mean the world to me and I couldn't be happier to be sealed as a family with them.
Choose your love....LOVE your choice!!!


January 16th 2007




No comments:

Post a Comment