Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

Well I'm here watching the news and listening to names of those that died during 9/11. My heart breaks thinking about all those who have lost a loved one. I especially feel saddened for the younger kids that lost their Father and Wives with young families who lost their husbands. I can't imagine how sad that would be. It makes me incredibly grateful for the gospel in my life and to know that no matter how short our lives may be here on this earth we will be together as a family for Eternity.
I remember when I first heard about September 11th was when I was carpooling to school. I was in 7th grade. I had Mr. Blankenagle my TLC teacher 1st period then during my Second period History class with Mr. Morgan, we watched it on T.V. Later that day I went to dinner with my sweet Grandma Lou. We went to HOHO gourmet, our favorite place to eat and it was on the T.V. there as well. Jake said that he first heard the news on his way to school as well.
I can't believe it's been 10 years since it all happened. On the bright side of things I never imagined being married to my wonderful husband who I grew up with and to have the most beautiful baby girl on earth. I am truly grateful for all my Blessings....BIG and SMALL. I couldn't be happier with my life and the happiness and joy I receive everyday from my little family and loved ones. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who have lost a loved one during the attacks. I am proud to be an American :)

No comments:

Post a Comment