Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dream Big..

Well Jake is at his first hunters safety class in IF.  He has one more 2 hour class on Saturday then he will be an OFFICIAL hunter!! I definitely could picture him being a hard core hunter. I grew up with a dad that loved to hunt...in fact I remember coming home from school some days and seeing a big old dead deer hanging upside down in our garage or better yet...on my swing set! I always vowed i would never eat the meat just cuz I had seen the actually deer before it became Jerky or Roast...I may change my mind and give it a try but I hear it usually tastes pretty WILD.
So lately I've been working on my little at home spa. I have mixed emotions about it all...I love what I do but dealing with the business part of it can be a little overwhelming at first. I have been putting together business cards and flyers and trying to get it all set up.  I just have to keep in mind that this is a life long endeavor. It's more so a hobby while I'm a stay at home mom and of course a way to make a little extra income.  Every time I give Jake a facial I'll just get so excited about it....and YES he does like getting facials :).  I am so grateful I have such a supportive husband...we have had to fork out a bit of money to get the things I need to make it a quality day spa. My mom is always telling me you have to spend a little money to make money.  Which is kind of ironic coming from Mrs. Ultra Money Saver! but it's true, being that my dad has had his own business, she said that they never took out a loan for it. My dad just started out with just a table saw and a few tools and somehow he made it work. I'm definitely not looking to go as big as my dad but I hope that it does well and I can still do what I love to do which is...pampering others while being a good mommy and wife :).
Next week is the park city half marathon!! boy am I nervous for this one. I have been sick for a couple of days so I wasn't able to run today but I'm sure it will go well maybe not quite as well as the 1st race but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun and a worthwhile accomplishment.  while we are down in Utah, I am going to build a vanity...of course with the help of my sweet loving dad and hubby :). My dad actually made up a plan for it a while go when we first got married and even bought the wood for it. It's good we waited to get it done till now cuz there are some things I'd like to alter to cater it more for a Hair Station where I can do all my haircuts and store all my hair supplies.
All in all.... I just have to say I feel greatly blessed to have ALL that I have. I love that any Dream I have or ever had is possible to achieve and has been achieved. I feel that the biggest dreams in my short lifetime have already been accomplished that is...to be sealed in the temple and to have kids...Nothing can or ever will bring greater joy than My Eternal Family.

2 comments:

  1. Lou-Lou: love your blog. It's so fun, right?! :) we miss ya. Our babies are growing up too fast! She's so stinkin cute. Good luck in PC. Hope we'll see ya when your down. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! yes it is! but I know it's crazy!! Oh i'm nervous for this one so i will need all the luck i can get!!
    look'in forward too it, I think Patty might drive down with us.
    hope all is well with you and the fam!

    ReplyDelete