Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Love General Conference!!


Conference (Farty Bran) Muffins
1c shortening
2 c sugar
1tbs. salt
4eggs
creme together

5 c flour
3c all bran cereal
40% all bran flakes
mix with creamed ingredients


5 tsp baking soda
2 c boiling water
quart of butter milk

 Add Last

let  Mix sit for 5 min.

bake 350 for 20min. 

Sunday Morning Session

Awe I woke up today feeling like it was Christmas Morning growing up... I get that same feeling when it's the Sunday morning of General Conference, I just loved waking up to my mom's yummy breakfast and the blaring sound of the Tabernacle choir. I remember I would put the banana chairs on their sides to make a circle and i'de put a blanket on top. It was my little fort i'de watch conference from... Now that I am the MOM I get to create the same happy feeling for my own kids. I hope I do a good job at creating a warm loving atmosphere my children can feel the spirit in. Well as for breakfast....
 I woke up at 8am this morning and made the Famous muffins my mother in law always makes. She said that it makes a lot of muffins so it would be wise to cut the recipe in half for our little family of 4, two of which cannot eat since Roxy is on a strict diet consisting only of her mother's milk and well I guess we could sneak a few to our Dog. I definitely plan on making a better batch of muffins through time...I made a tiny mistake well actually it's a rather BIG one...The recipe called for 1Table spoon of Salt and i put 2!! ya no bueno...so i tried adding another cup of sugar but they still taste on the saltier side...I asked Jake if he could guess what I did wrong and he thought I didn't put enough sugar lol They didn't turn out too bad tho. 
 My families tradition always did Scones, I forgot to buy the dough this conference but next time I'll be prepared! 

As you can see her Roxy wanted to join in on the Muffin Fest... She grabbed that little muffin as soon as I set the pan down and tried to shove it in her mouth! It was too cute....I love my little family

1st attempt making Conference Muffins

Well we are listening to Sunday's morning Session of General Conference... I felt impressed to write my thoughts and notes on my blog so here they are.... 
Elder Eyering:When you are in the service of your fellow beings, you are ONLY in the service of God.
Elaine Dalton:Father's Love your Wives
New Father's of Baby Girls...The most important thing a father can do for his daughter is to love her Mother ;)....Your example as a father is more important than words. Stay close to your daughter and help her prepare for her future. Fathers you are the guardians of your homes, your wives and children. You must be the guardians of Virtue. Virtue means you must have clean thoughts and actions. Look for ways to spend time with her and share your testimony with her.
It is true my dad played a huge role in my life and still  does. It was a given that I'd be daddy's girl being that I am the ONLY girl and the youngest in the fam. I always loved spending time with my dad. Jazz games and motorcycle rides are some great memories  with my dad, let's not forget ICE CREAM for dessert were ever we went for daddy daughter outings. He has always been such a good example of the kind of guy I was looking to marry...and yes I found the perfect man :). In fact my Dad helped find him for me... He played a huge role in Jake's life as well and getting him to come back to the Church. I couldn't ask for a better Dad and Husband/Father of my kids. They both are AMAZING. Yesterday Jake and I went to IF for Jake's last Hunters Safety Class. Roxy and I went to Walmart to kill time while we waited. Afterward we went to an Army Supply store to get hunting gear for Jakey. I was pretty exciting actually,  Jake has never hunted before so he is excited to possibly get a deer this year with his uncle Randy. He got invited to go duck hunting with one of the guys he works with. He wants to take Alba next time he goes, I know she will love it. I support hunting since I grew up in a hunting family but I definitely couldn't kill an animal. I would cry for days i'm sure! I'm excited for Jake tho, hopefully we will have at least one son that he can go hunting with.
Find the Ducks in Jake's jacket lol...I love how they blend in. so sad! On the bright side the ducks go to a Chinese restaurant....yum :)

Elder Ballard: Honor your Family and Church Name. The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Mormon: Refers to members of our church...we are Christians. When we refer to the church we should use it's full name. Let our testimonies of Christ be told and always be in our hearts.
President Monson:
84 years old. The technology of our times is changing so fast. Also evolving in a rapid rate is the moral society. "All you need is love" the 10 Commandments changed to " the 10 suggestions" We are Responsible for our action. The laws of god remain constant. If we but listen we here the echo of gods voice... Our father in heaven is the same Yesterday, today and Forever. He is a constant Anchor we can rely on in our lives. There is nothing that can bring more joy or peace into our lives than the spirit if we follow our savior and keep the commandments. The natural man receive not of the spiritual things. It's important to be in the world but not of the world... Praying will help us do so. May we remember the lords precious problems to those who trust in him. fear not and be not dismayed for I will strengthen thee, help thee and uphold thee with my right hand of Righteousness.
Oh how I love the strength I get from listening to our beloved profit to be a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment