Saturday, October 22, 2011

Green Peas and Bananas!!!

Roxy has started to really build up a BIG appetite lately...I had a feeling that maybe she is ready for REAL food other than her momma's milk. I tried feeding her rice cereal in Utah but she didn't care for it. I don't think it settled very well either cuz she threw most of it back up...poor thing.  I even tried it and I think the stuff is nasty so I don't blame her! I decided to puree some green beans and bananas and they  were a hit! especially the GREEN BEANS. It is so cute watching her eat. I hope that here stomach will be able to stay full longer now especially through the night.
Yummy!!!.....GREEN BEANS!!

Here is Roxy's 1st picture with a MESSY face....still so cute she is!
Other big news is....She can now roll over COMPLETELY....She'll start on her back and roll to her tummy and then roll back over onto her back!  We just love watching her go through every little stage, it's so exciting!
Well no luck with Jake's getting his 1st buck. Jake even worked graveyard last night and right when he got off at 6am he went hunting for a few hours with his buddy that he worked graveyard with. He's crazy for doing it on no sleep! I don't know how he functions so well during the day but somehow he does and he isn't even grumpy at all like I would probably be on no sleep! I guess a lot of the deer died last winter so it is pretty sparse this year.  His last day to hunt will be Monday so we will see if he gets something! The whole Fam bam went with Jake on Tuesday Morning...We saw a few deer that Jake and Alba went to try and hunt down while Roxy and I waited in the truck. We both fell asleep by time they got back..hee.  Also on our way home we were driving on the road next to the sand dunes and there were 5 or so doe and 1 buck that cut us off crossing the street. Jake quickly pulled to the side of the road and booked it down the road to try and track the buck down. He was able to catch up with the doe cuz they had to jump over a fence but the Buck was no where in sight! I'm starting to realize hunting isn't the easiest sport, It's definitely hit and miss. Jake has had a lot of fun being apart of the whole hunting world.
The horse that changed Jake's life forever! hee

On top of the world.... where Jessie the horse took Jake :)
What I like the most is he now likes to ride HORSES!!! Before he didn't really care for horses all that much. I am always trying to get him to take me horseback riding. His uncle Randy took him up hunting this week as well and he got to ride one of the horses(Jessie)...Jake couldn't believe the horse could go up such steep hills like they were. The horse that he was on even fell back once and Jake had to jump off of it. He had a blast riding them tho. Jake may even be convinced to stay in IDAHO forever and be a true cowboy/hunter like his uncle and raise our little family here. We would even have horses and everything! I told him that can be our plan B or retirement if the whole Law school thing and working in the same law firm as his dad's in Salt Lake. I really don't think it would be all that bad to live in Idaho,  We have actually really enjoyed living in the little town...life is just easy going and slow paced, it's relaxing :). 
Tummy time with baby girl!

Grandma Joy got this cute tummy time mat for Roxy, She has seemed to do lots better on it.

Oh the Joy this little girl brings into our lives

Miss Roxanne
Roxy gets her 2nd set of shots on Monday which I'm not too excited for. It needs to be done tho, she is a month behind since I have been stalling to get it done.
Well I'm gonna go drop off some fried rice for my hubby while he works his last day till his break. All is well in our little world!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment