Monday, October 3, 2011

Run...Golf...Grandpa...& of course Roxy :)

I started off my day with a 7 or 8 mile run...not exactly sure how far I went but I was running for about an hour and a half. I have been sick for the last few days so I haven't been able to run like I want to which makes me a little nervous for the race coming up. I felt pretty good running this morning tho. I took Alba dog with me and the poor thing has been limping around the house since we got home! She is doing a little better now and in fact still wanted to play fetch a couple times. I'm sure I'll do just fine especially with the pre-race adrenalin you get pumping through your veins the night before so you can sleep...it's great! It's nice cuz I'm doing it with a girl I work with. Her uncle was on biggest loser last season (he was paired up with the famous Rulon Gardner) but he was the one that asked my friend if she would like to run in the park city marathon and he would sponsor her and her friends so she asked if I wanted to do it, and I said yes!  so we don't have to pay the entrance fee and he even is providing hotel rooms for us. My parents will actually be coming up to support me so Jake and I are gonna stay with them in their hotel instead since I've got little miss Roxy to care for as well. Since the race is for Breast Cancer...it's an ALL womens race. Which means i need to get me some pink running gear, I've already got my pink running shoes Jake got me for my last race but I need a cute pink tank top! My dad wanted to run with me, too bad it's just for girls....men get breast cancer to tho! My friends uncle is apart of the Pink MEN Staff so he will be there to help out with everything. It should be fun. I may even want to do this one every year...that's if i'm not prego! I just love park city tho. I've had some good family trips up there. It's so pretty and I love going to the outlets. We used to go on the Alpine slide as when we were younger. I remember going with my mom and we crashed! My mom gushed up her knee pretty bad.

Jake and I did a round $5 dollar Family Night Golf today. We have been taking advantage of it the last few Mondays since winter is just around the corner. I have REALLY enjoyed golfing with Jake. This has been my 1st year and it certainly won't be my last. I just love being out doors. Plus I can actually hit the ball rather well now. I have even parred a couple of times. It will be a fun hobby for Jake and I through out the years. I'm sure we won't be getting such a good hookup when we move away tho, it will be fun to teach our kids how to golf, I'm sure they will enjoy it.

I just found out that Jake's dad will be staying with us tonight until Thursday. He has work to do up here for his law Firm. He also wants to spend as much time as he can with his dad...MUTT ROSE. He hasn't been feeling so well lately. The other day while we were in IF for Jake's hunters safety we got a call from Jake's dad saying that Grandpa had fainted and he feels like he is going to die so we frantically drove home and when straight over to see him. He seemed to be doing lots better. The best part is Jake asked if he could give him a blessing for the 5th or so time and he actually said YES. Jake said that it's kind of a scary thing that he said yes cuz that means he really isn't feeling like he has much longer to live. He has been struggling for the last 5 or so years and has been on oxygen. I remember Jake was in tears when his grandpa told him at his mission farewell that he may not be here when Jake gets back from his mission. It was hard for Jake to take in. So many people love Mutt Rose. He is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I remember coming up here when I was little and everyone would always share a good laugh when he would go off the rope swing in his black knee high socks and looking like he was sitting in a chair when he went in the water. It was a classic. a famous saying he has is...."Nobody has more fun than people"  We actually have a sign of it hanging up in our living room. Another classic saying of his was whenever we had a parade he would always say as loud as he could..." throw some Candy" and boy did we get showered with candy! The entire city knows and loves him. He actually was the mayor during the time that the Damn broke. I have really grown to love him even more since Jake and I have been up here. He recently gave me a new nickname...LOU LOU. Jake's uncle and aunt call me it now. My Y.W. girls actually gave me the same nickname last year. He will greatly be missed by many. Hopefully he sticks around for a while longer. It's never fun losing those we love. It's good to know that we will see them again tho. I love having that kind of perspective on life, it's such a HUGE comfort and brings lots of peace during times of tragedy and loss. I know many people Jake and I love will pass away, it's inevitable. We always get sad thinking about it but it's  wonderful to know that we will see them ALL again someday.
This is a picture Jake drew of his Grandpa in High school that I wanted to post. I know Jake is one studly  talented artist!

So here are Roxy's first pair of tights! I absolutely love them!

Oh and today Roxy was called a boy twice!!! Jake and I are considering getting her ears pierced sooner than we intended now! We will see tho, we were planning on doing it around her 1st birthday! I got mine done when I was 2 or 3. Either way I can't believe this cute little doll was mistaken for a boy twice, I guess she can't leave the house without girly pink bows anymore! 

1 comment:

  1. Sweet post about my dad, put me to tears. What a huge blessing it's been for you to live there. I'm so grateful. Thank Jake for giving him a blessing-it means a lot to me.
    Btw, who ever thinks that beautiful girl is a boy, is stupid!!

    ReplyDelete