Saturday, October 15, 2011

Last stop!....Twin Falls, Idaho

Roxy got her ears pierced  yesterday!!! I drove up to Twin Falls with my parents since my dad has a cabinet job at the post office here. Jake is also going to meet us down here tonight so we will be able to take my vanity up to Saint Anthony and even better Jake will have his little family back!! He said no more vacations without him, hee :). Ne ways back to the BIG news. My mom and I went to the mall while my dad installed the cabinets. We just happened to see a Clair's store. Jake and I have been thinking about getting her ears pierced but weren't exactly sure when we would do it. Just recently tho she had been called a boy so I decided it should be done sooner than later! So just out of curiosity I asked the lady how old you have to be to get them done. She said atleast 3 months with proof of immunization. Since Roxy will be 5 months tomorrow she was old enough and didn't need proof of immunizations so we decided to go ahead and do it. Of course I chose Pink 14k gold studs. I got knots in my stomach just after deciding to do it since I knew what would come next...the startling piercing my precious little angel would have to get done! I put Roxy on my lap and the very blonde haired lady marked where she would make the piercings with a marker and I approved of it, then she went for it! I had to close my eyes. Roxy let out a gasp and 2 seconds later she had shiny pink studs in her ears! I quickly went to a dressing room in the Macy's department store and fed her. Roxy calmed down right away, she was hungry and it was comforting for her. It cost us $45.00 to do. My dad said that he remembers getting my ears pierced done when I was in between 1 and 2 years old. He just took me to a department store in Salt Lake and got it done. I told Jake right away, he was surprised but is excited to see his little girl with earrings. I also realized we got them done on October 14th...which 14 and 16 is a significant number in our Marriage. While I was waiting for Jake on his mission...we set a wedding date the 2nd half of his mission to MAY 14TH 2010. Of course we ended up just having our wedding reception on that date and got sealed on the 16th of March after praying about it and realizing it would be best if our date be moved up especially since Jake started school up at BYU-I in April and there was no way we would be apart for one more day after 2 years!
I'm excited for my hubby to be here. We will spend the night here and head back tomorrow morning. We hope to make it to church tomorrow.
Well I'm off to the gym but I love my little girls new earrings I can't wait for  her Daddy to see them! My brother nick asked why I got them done and I said....cuz she is a PRINCESS! and he said....'OH NO NOT ANOTHER PRINCESS! haha
Oh and we also got a really good deal on matching Christmas dresses for Aliva and Roxy. They were 40% off plus we got 10 dollars off the discount price so they only cost 15 dollars! I'll have to post pics of them in their pretty dresses! 

No comments:

Post a Comment