Thursday, November 3, 2011

TIS THE SEASON FOR....PUMPKIN!!!

It's been a typical yet great day with my little family so far! Roxy and I slept in till noon once again. I don't know what has been wrong with us lately but we have been sleeping in a lot lately! It is good for us tho apparently our bodies need the extra sleep. Poor Roxy caught the cold. She has had a runny nose and watering eyes since yesterday afternoon. It's always so sad to see her sick. She is still ALWAYS a happy baby tho. Last night she woke up randomly several times and let out a panic cry that made my heart jump out of my chest, as soon as I held her she would fall right back asleep. I think she just would wake up feeling like pooh and then my Soothing mommy powers would comfort her back to sleep.  Jake went duck hunting this morning with his buddy Ryan Nef. Jake shot 3 or 4 ducks. He brought one home to show ALBA dog and she was super curious about it, I don't think she quite knew exactly what to think. Jake decided to cook the breast in our crock pot with some potatoes, so we will see if it tastes any good! I'm not too sure how excited I am to eat some duck for dinner but I think I will at least give it a try :). I know I have had duck before at a chinese restaurant. I've also had chicken heart a couple of times and it doesn't taste too bad. I think it's the fact that Jake killed it that is the most disturbing part of it all but I best get over it quickly since I will have to greet lot's of dead animals over the years with a husband that has picked up a love for hunting.
Some exciting news!!!.....After discovering her hands first....then her little feet.....then her cute little voice....Roxy has discovered her TONGUE! She loves to curl it up and touch the top of her lip. She is the cutest little baby ever!! There hasn't been a day that has gone by that Jake and I haven't felt more blessed in our lives to be PARENTS of this little ANGEL. We feel so blessed to have her in our lives. I honestly couldn't ask for a better life than to be a wife and mother. It has been an absolute joy to be able to bring life into this world with my sweetheart.
I have had absolute PUMPKIN fever this holiday season!! In fact I have pumpkin bread baking in the oven right now!! I have bought can of pumpkin and so far have made bread and smoothies with it. I don't know how to make the smoothie as good as they are at Jamba juice but they arn't bad.
This is my pumpkin bread...it was delicious and YES Jake took one bite of it and I ate the rest! I feel my bootie getting bigger already! lol
I JUST LOVE ANYTHING PUMPKIN! :) Pumpkin butter, ice cream and empanatas with whipped cream are also some of my favorites! let's not forget PUMPKIN PIE!! hee

1 comment:

  1. Our baby Belle is happy. . we're happy!
    We are soooooo BLESSED!

    ReplyDelete