Monday, November 7, 2011

Attempting to be a "Crafty Mom"


Here is Roxy's 1st "decent" hat I made the other day. The other two hats I made didn't turn out so well. The 1st one got shredded up by Alba dog. the other one I ended up making too small for Roxy's head so her stuffed animals can keep warm with it on them :). I started making these hats last December. My little 10 year old Brother in Law Jaxson was making them at his house and I figured if he can make them...I better be able to make them too! It's really simple tho... you just rap yarn around a plastic loom and wallah an hour or so later you have a hat made! it's a great winter hobby. I was able to crochet a couple of blankets with the help of Grandma "Idaho". I have always liked doing crafts but I definitely don't consider myself the most  talented crafter...I'm hoping if I start this young rather than in my Grandma years, I will be pro! My mother in law is amazing at quilting and every other craft there is. I'll have to post a picture of the Rag quilt she did for Roxy...It is beautiful!

Our precious little Doll


Here is Roxy modeling her flower mommy made. They literally take 5 minutes to make. I thought they would work perfectly for Roxy's headbands.


I got Roxy to laugh by making Oinking sounds like a pig! Yes...that is my trick to get her to smile :). It doesn't take much to make such a HAPPY little girl to smile tho!


The other little flowers...I like the way the purple flower on the bottom right corner turned out. I'll need to get more of that same yarn in different colors!


2 comments:

  1. You seem pretty crafty to me! Grandma idaho has TONS of yarn. Good idea to use the flowers on the headbands!! Cute, cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh does she! I'll have to get some from her :) thanks! so joy mentioned that roxy is ready for her basin pictures, I'll have to get a hold of Gale Salmon and get that basin from her when we come down for thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete