Friday, March 9, 2012

My Juicing days are back!!!

Well our little family is just recovering from a week long cold and boy are we grateful to be feeling better! It is especially good to see our little one doing better, it is always scary as new parents to have a sick baby. She certainly is a trooper tho, happy as always! Since being sick, I haven't been able to run at all this week which has been a huge bummer. I finally was able to get a good run in this morning...I felt GREAT! It is amazing how clean your body feels after getting over a sickness. So as much as It stinks being sick, it definitely is much needed in order for our bodies to feel brand new again! I decided juicing would be the perfect way to start my healthy kick off with a big bang! I pulled out my juicer I got from my wonderful Aunt Techie for our wedding and made our 1st cup of yummy savory healthy juicy! I also have been avoiding giving juice to Roxy cuz of all the sugar but since I will be making fresh juice I won't feel as hesitant to give her juice now. I also love that a bag of carrots are pretty cheap so it's not something I have to spend a lot of money doing. I am super excited!! Jake has been such a great example to me when it comes to having a healthy lifestyle and not compromising for the little temptations that I am so weak for. I just love my SUGAR! I do feel that as hard as I push my self with exercise it would be a lot wiser to eat healthier too. I feel that my Heart isn't fully benefiting from all the cardio I do if I come home and eat an entire pan of banana split brownies or package of Oreo...yes I have done both on more than just one occasion! Of course it is still good to reward yourself every once in a while but I hope that I can work better as a team with Jake when it comes to what we eat. Jake has admitted that my cooking has gone leaps and bounds since we got married. The sad things is my secret to good cooking has been more....butter,salt,sugar and the list goes on! It is still no excuse and I know with all the recipes out there I can find healthier alternatives. We actually switch out eating ground beef for turkey meat and it has been rather delicious! Jake ever so kindly made a stir fry dinner for us last night with the turkey meat and it was really good. Well that is just my little spill on trying to be healthy.....HEALTH IS WEALTH!- A Famous saying my momma would always say!:)

6 great health benefits of carrot-apple juice

  1. It is loaded with nutrients.
  2. It is easily absorbed by the body.
  3. It is very easy to make.
  4. It can fight off illnesses, often without the need for drugs.
  5. It can replace a meal and so can incorporate into dieting program.
  6. It tastes great and you will look forward to drinking it.

On a more spiritual note: I also wanted to mention a very sad story that I pray gets turned around quickly....There is a family in our ward that has I believe 5 young kids. I have had the chance to get to know the mom pretty well the past few months, but I just recently heard that her and her husband decided that they don't want to go to church anymore....My heart sank when I heard the news. They are still encouraging the kids to go if they would like which is why I haven't noticed the inactivity. It was a big eye opener for me to realize how truly important the little everyday things that we are supposed to do such as....daily prayer and reading our scriptures are. It isn't like our testimony leaves suddenly over night....it's those little things that we neglect to do that waver our once strong beliefs in something we felt was true with all of our hearts and now question. I am not trying to assume that is why they decided to not go to church but it has helped me personally to realize that SATAN is real and he is in full force to try and destroy the Family. I hope that I can learn from this situation and do my best to not take the little things we have been so blessed with for granted.


I want to make a sign in our bedroom that has this saying....What I get from this saying is by doing the little things to strengthen and enrich our lives not only will we find happiness and peace in our lives on earth but we will be blessed as an ETERNAL FAMILY in the life here after....what could be better than that? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment