Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A bitter sweet day....

This was a nursery rhyme my grandma would always recite to me as a kid so I chose it when we were getting flowers.


 The morning of my Grandma's funeral, we had a short viewing in the chapel that my Grandparents went to for many years. The Room was full of many loved ones. After the viewing my dad said a family prayer. The tears started to stream down my face during the prayer and didn't seem to stop streaming for most of the day. Just before it came time to close my Grandma's casket, the grand kids put some notes/drawings in. My Aunts put some things in as well that they wanted my grandma to have with her. Jake and I put the card that came with her flowers in the casket along with a Flower my mother in Law let me have. They carried the casket into the chapel where we would have our little program my dad and his brother and sisters had helped put together. Every member of my family participated in the program. Jake was even included, he said the opening prayer. I gave a short tribute of my grandma. I talked about some of the memories we shared with her as kids and how she always had a smile on her face everywhere she went. She also had a rock solid testimony that radiated by the way she lived. She loved attending the temple. The grand kids sang one of her favorite songs " You are my Sunshine" which was very hard to sing while crying. My cousins Natalie and Joel also played the piano. I am sure my sweet Grandma was smiling down on us.


We headed to the Cemetery shortly after the program


My Grandma requested a Hickory Casket with baby blue lining inside of it and that is just what she got.

My brother Nick gave the dedicatory prayer



My little ray of sunshine


Aunt "Dude"

This is a picture of my Grandpa's siblings
After the prayer was said we headed back over to the church and the Relief Society fed us funeral potatoes and ham, let's not forget the jello for dessert :)

Just before Jake and I headed back up to Idaho the next day we went to see my Grandma's grave. I am really happy they decided to go with a bench. I thought it looked beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment