Monday, April 9, 2012

Families are Forever....

Well Jake and I started off our morning with a 10 mile run....yup Jake's longest run ever and he is sure feeling the pain from not doing much training for it but he doesn't regret the accomplishment. We started at his parents house and ran just past the point of the mountain. It really was an enjoyable run, I am so happy that Jake did it with me, I want to try and run every April now in memory of my Grandma as a new tradition. I had her on my mind most of the run and it helped push me when I didn't feel like my legs could run any longer. What a strength she was and still is to me.
 After we finished our run I got ready to go over and finish dressing my sweet Grandma....I wasn't sure how I would react to seeing my Grandma in her casket but as soon as I saw her I felt at peace. She looked like an angel. It was such a special experience that I will never forget. I also had the opportunity to touch up her nail polish and put pink flower stickers on each of her ring fingers. I put the same kind of flower on the center of my locket that she had given me. Oh how I am going to miss my sweet Grandma and all the time I spent with her. My In Laws were so thoughtful to get me one of those angels that have no faces, they got me the "spending time with Grandma" one. I broke down in tears when I got it, it was such a special gift. Joy has given me 2 other Angels as well that I just love.



After we dressed my Grandma, which included my 3 Aunts, Grandpa, my dad and mom, we all went out and had lunch at Costa Vida. It was so nice being gathered together as a family and sharing memories of my Grandma and the wonderful person she was. My Grandma was truly all about Service, especially when it came to serving her family. Her entire life was devoted to us and I couldn't thank her enough for the impact that she has played in my life alone.
After lunch Jake, Roxy and I went to the same floral shop that my Aunts went to for my Grandma's flowers. We picked out 3 Gerber daisy's, one for each member of our little family and we got a big yellow sunflower in dedication to my Grandma.
 I also felt like I wanted to get her something that would be more lasting and since I saw that she had many bracelets on when we were dressing her, I wanted to add to the collection. The first bracelet I saw was a pink charm bracelet with a small hanging watch attached to it. I kept looking around but I knew that the charm bracelet  was it. I decided to get me a purple one for myself as well. I have it hanging in my car now. I like that it has a watch on it because to me it means Time is infinite when you think about it in an eternal perspective....there really is no End. Families can be together forever and what a comfort that is. At my grandma's viewing I placed her bracelet on her wrist with Jake by my side. I have been so grateful for his love and support.

Today has been such a special day that I hope to keep in my heart forever. I feel like if I treated everyday life like the way I felt today, I wouldn't let the little insignificant things in life  get to me and I would focus more on the important things in life like Family and my role as a wife and mother. I want to be better at treating life as if it could be my last and try and enjoy each moment. One thing my dad has always said is that life is to short to worry and not be happy. I also like the saying....Life isn't just to be endured but ENJOYED. I will leave it at that since we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment