Thursday, April 5, 2012

A LIFE WELL LIVED....I LOVE YOU GRANDMA

 
My sweet Grandma....Mary Luella Stock passed away this morning. How grateful I am to know that I will be able to see her again someday. It is also a huge comfort to know that she is in a better place and no longer has to struggle with her health. Wow, there are just so many memories running through my head right now of all  the countless fun times that were spent with her. She was the most Christ-like lady I have ever known. I can't think of a time that she ever thought of herself over another person. She was constantly serving other people. I grew especially close to my grandma when I hit my teen years. Before I could drive she would meet my friends and I at lunch almost everyday in Jr. High and take us to Wendy's or where ever we wanted to go. We  would also go and get tofu together on weekends at hoho Gourmet. We actually ate there the day 9/11 happened. I remember watching the news while eating our tofu together and talking with her about the horrible tragedy. For several of my Birthdays we would always go to Mikado and sit in our own private booth.  I remember when I first started my awesome period and I called my grams up to let her know and she picked me up and took me to the mall to celebrate my big step into womanhood. I had so much fun spending time with my grandma. We would stay up late and play her classic  games...old maid or chutes and Ladders and we would just laugh all night long. 
All of my friends along with my brothers would call her Grandma too cuz no matter who you were, you felt like she was indeed your Grandma. 
She would never let a day go by without telling you how much she loved you.
  
When Jake left on his mission for 2 years, she helped me make her yummy cinnamon rolls to send to the M.T.C.
What a huge support she has been throughout all of my life. Not long after Jake had left on his mission that her health started to get bad. It was always so hard to think about her possibly passing away. I remember feeling like I wouldn't be able to handle the news if she did. I think because of the precious time I have been able to spend with her these past few years that I have been able to grasp a sense of comfort and peace knowing that when she did pass on I would be o.k. and I can say now....I feel at peace and know that she is still with me just in a different way. If it wasn't for the gospel in my life I don't know what I would do or think about this situation. It is SO comforting to know that I can see her again someday and that she is in a much better place.




I remember countless nights growing up as a kid and having sleep overs at her house with my brothers and our cousins. She would make up the craziest bed time stories and we would just laugh until we cried. She also would set up her big family tent in the back yard and we would all camp out in it. I remember going to bed with warmed milk from the stove at night whenever we stayed over. We would also wake up to her  scrambled to perfection eggs and buttered toast. Oh she was the best Grandma in the WORLD. I hope to live a life patterned by hers.





This a song I will hold close to my heart forever because of you. You would always sing this song to us. You truly were the SUNSHINE in our lives!

This picture of Roxy and my Grams was taken on Sunday-Easter Conference


 I am so happy Jake, Roxy and I were able to see my Grandma last week while we were in town.  She wore a big smile on her face like she always has her entire life.You will be missed greatly.


Because of the wonderful Mom and Grandma that she was....I was given the nicest-sweetest dad ever

I will forever cherish the time I was able to spend with this incredible lady I call my Grandma. 

Families are Forever

I am so glad Jake was able to get to know my sweet Grandma. I feel so blessed to have such a supportive loving husband






Thank you Grandma for everything you were and are to me. I will keep you in my heart forever and will miss you dearly.
I love you

2 comments:

  1. What a lucky girl to have such an amazing grandma! I always remember seeing her drive you & your friends around. We pray the spirit will comfort all of you during this time. Your testimony is such a strength to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kas,
    She really did do so much for us kids. She was Amazing. I appreciate your love and support. I don't know what I would do with out the gospel in my life that's for sure! love you!

    ReplyDelete