Friday, April 6, 2012

Missing you dearly......

I am really going to miss my Grandma. This picture was taken in my photography class my Jr. year of High school. It is actually one of my favorite pictures I have of my Grandma. I had it taped to a pink letter box that she had given me to keep Jake's letters from his mission in. It was just one of the many thoughtful things that she did for me.
 I have never experienced a loss like this before. My Grandpa Nicholas died when I was just a newborn so I had no recollection of him although I would have loved to meet him. Probably the closest loss I have had was when my best friend's dad passed a way just this past November. It is sort of interesting tho because the feeling of loss comes and goes through out the day. One second I am smiling and remembering a good memory I had with my Grandma and the next minute I am in sobbing tears thinking about how much I am going to miss her smiling face. She was and always will be a huge Rock in my life. This situation has really brought me closer to my Father in Heaven. I know that he understands how I am feeling. I know that he has a perfect plan for us to be happy and to one day see the one's we love so dearly again. I am so grateful for that perspective I am able to have while dealing with this huge loss in my life. I know that my Grandma is watching over all of us and rejoicing in heaven. I know that she is happy where she is and wants more than anything for us to be happy to.

I got my Grandma this cuddly bear to keep on her bed for Christmas one year.

This picture was taken of one of my Birthday's in 05' at our Restaurant we loved going to called Mikado

This is another one of my favorites. My grandma was always driving us kids all over town. I truly am grateful for the time I was able to spend with her on a daily basis throughout all of my life.


New P.J.s for Christmas. I love this picture with my grams and my mom as well.




This is my most treasured possession I was given by my Grandma. She got this locket for me when I was around 15 or 16 years old. I remember her telling me she looked all over the place for a picture locket and finally was able to find the perfect one. On the back of the locket it says
Luchelle,
Brings sunshine into Grandma's heart.
She put my Newborn picture on one side and on the other is a picture of us when we went on a cruise and we shared a cabin together. I will cherish it forever.

My graduation in 07'. As you can see my Grandma always had the biggest smile on her face. Not a single day went by where I didn't feel uplifted by her warm smile and loving embrace. I love you Grandma.


No comments:

Post a Comment