Monday, April 23, 2012

LOVE TO RUN....

2012 Salt Lake City Half Marathon

Well unfortunately I don't have any pictures to post of the Race. My friend Erin that ran with me will be sending me some soon but I absolutely loved it!! I had such a good time, I just love all the hype the day before and especially the morning of the race. As soon as I got into Bountiful, Brittney and Jaxon came with me to pick up my packet at the Gateway, which included my race number and T-shirt.  I met Erin, my running buddy, out there as well. The pre-race butterflies started to stir around in my tummy while I was at the convention. We had a quick dinner at MoBetta steaks which I LOVE and as soon as I got Roxy down I was off to bed myself.  I woke up at 3am and couldn't fall back asleep and soon enough it was time to get up and get ready at 5:20am. I ate some oats and got on my brand new under armor Fuchsia tank top and legit running Capri's my sweet hubby got for me just before I headed down to Utah with Roxy and Gma Patty. It was sort of the bad timing to run since Jake had to stay home and work and my parents were out of town in Boston for my dad's Marathon. Brit was there to support me, her and Aliva even came to the Finish, sadly I didn't have my phone with me so I didn't even get to see them but I am glad they came anyways. Joy was even in Hawaii and wouldn't be arriving home till later in the day. Luckily I had Grandpa Rose to watch Roxy. I dropped her off around 6am and Erin's husband drove us to the starting line. Erin commented on remembering to wear deodorant and of course I totally forgot too! lol not to mention my unshaven underarms! Being stinky and hairy was the least of my worries tho, I just wanted to get on with the Race!...It was crazy cuz 90% of the race was all down hill, there were just 2 up hills is all and hardly any flat areas. I sort of liked the downhill tho even tho I am paying for it now!! I am so sore! my quads and lower back kill. I felt pretty good during the race, I knew that I had to keep running the whole time or else I would cramp up. My poor friend had a tight IT band so she was in pain most of the way, she is quite the champ for finishing the race tho and she never stopped running either. I have enjoyed training with her, it has been fun. I can definitely say that I am OBSESSED with running races now! The thrill and all the training you put into them are unlike anything else, it certainly pays off in the end. I look forward to many many more races to come. My dad has been the biggest inspiration to me when it comes to running. He said the Boston Marathon was a struggle because of the record heat which was 80-86 degrees but he finished and that is all that matters. My dad is amazing, I hope to one day be able to run a full marathon. I feel like I could maybe do it relatively soon but I may do a couple more halves before I take the big leap.
The Sibs at the Gateway after eating at CPK for Aliva's Birthday


Well after the race Roxy and I took a nice long Knapp then we went over to Jake's parents house and Joy had come home from Hawaii. She got the cutest hula skirt for Roxy that came with a necklace and shells, Roxy also got a super cute orange Hawaiian dress. Jake and I were spoiled with gifts too. I really wish I had my camera with me, I took some cute pictures of Roxy in her hula skirt on my phone. I will have to take some with our camera sometime. Later that evening Dani, my brothers, Brittney and Alivia went out to eat at California Pizza Kitchen for Alivia's 2nd Birthday. Sadly I won't be able to make it to Alivia's birthday party next Saturday.
The Birthday Girl!!


My sweet little Angel
Aunt Dani came with us. It is crazy that Dani is Roxy's only blood Aunt...She has a handful of uncles tho!


Alivia was kind enough to share her princess dolls with Roxy. They are going to be such good buddies I am sure.

 We got Alivia her favorite little Polly Pocket princess dolls, they kept  her entertained the whole time we were waiting for our food to come. It was fun going out with the siblings. It's kind of weird we didn't have our parents there with us.
We each had a bite of Alivia's cupcake with bright blue frosting!


After dinner we went and watched Alivia and Chris play in the Fountain
 On Sunday we headed back home which made for a super short trip! Roxy wasn't feeling too well either so she wasn't too happy to be in her car seat this time. Gma Patty ended up driving the last hour or so of the drive and I sat in back with Roxy. It was so good to be back home with Jake. Oh and Roxy learned how to say....UH-OH from Gma Patty. She also learned how to say WOW which was one of Alivia's first words, and lastly she learned to say Papa. She is just picking up words like crazy, I am sure when she hits 18 months she will have a good handful of words. I just love our little girl. I feel so blessed to have her apart of mine and Jake's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment